Click the groups post type that you want to know more about
Sharing Your Tarot Readings. Would you benefit from editing your post? Your posts Sharing your own tarot readings (Interpret My Tarot Posts) - Admin posted Group Exercises - Admin posted Group Intuition Exercises
Understanding Tarot is a study and discussion group. All tarot readings posted by members are for students to practise on or for experienced students to pass on their knowledge. Anyone who comments will offer their perspective on your cards, which could help you understand them better. YOU ARE NOT GETTING OR GIVING, IF REPLYING, A FREE READING. Students who respond require constructive feedback; if you are unable to provide it, please do not post your spread.
Take time to prepare yourself for your reading.
Be relaxed and focused. Have a clear question and know what spread you will be doing before you start shuffling. You can even use the meditation at the bottom of the page as part of your preparation. To read more about how to prepare for a reading and lots more, see my book Understanding Tarot, or start a new post within the Facebook group on the subjects that matter to you.
Your shared tarot reading posts have the topic tag #interpretmytarot. To get the most from your post, please edit it and add anything below that is missing. This helps us help you. Not providing all of the information means other students may not see the complete picture and can miss the point of your reading or ignore your post. If you wish, you can also post anonymously within the group.
We love it when you provide e v e r y t h i n g to your post that is needed. We know that most will not read the guidelines and wonder where their post has gone, as while in Pending it will be rejected with a note to the author - in most cases. If it is let in by mistake, it could end up locked.
If you wish to add the rest of what is below, all the better for you and your fellow tarot students.
- #interpretmytarot - if you wish you can add this group hashtag at the top of your post.
- A single upright image of your cards - just one. You do not need to add one, but it helps. Just one single image of your spread.
- The question you asked - give context as your post rests on the exact question asked.
- The cards and the positions they were laid in- this helps those using a language translator or a screen reader, for whom having information to read in an image is not possible, as well as anyone wishing to know what card went where. Some tarot cards are also not that easy to see what they are, or photos are not good quality. For example: Past - Five of Cups. Present - Nine of Wands. Future - The Hermit.
- You didn't use a tarot spread? - that's just fine, but do state that you used no positions or No Spread.
- Unclear image, unusual cards etc add the cards names in the post even if you used no spread - If your image is not clear or the cards are not the standard Rider Waite Smith, with foreign titles, no titles at all, or unusual symbolism if they are not added to your main text, it does not help very new students or even more experienced ones when the cards are too weird and wonderful. Place your cards into your text as above, albeit without the positions mentioned, King of Cups etc.
- Cards that fall from the deck, clarifiers? bottom cards? - give that information also. If you use the card from the bottom of the deck, make sure you say what it means to you, as it is a card not used by many, and with those who do, it carries different meanings.
- Your interpretation - meet us halfway by adding what you think the reading means to you, this shows you have put some effort as a student into understanding the cards yourself.
- Don’t do a spread that is larger than you can cope with, if it confuses you – do a smaller one - stick to what you can work with yourself.
- Please tag anyone you reply to with an @ before their name.
- If you wish to know how any commenter has arrived at their reply - ask them in the comments.
- Please reply to everyone who comments not just with a thank you, but with conversation - repeat takers will be muted within the group for a while or removed.
- When done, turn off commenting for your post, or ask admin to do it for you.
- Tag the person you're talking to with an @ before their name.
- If you need more information, ask for it.
- If you wish feedback, ask for it directly in your reply - if you do not get it, or get a 'thank you' or an 'it did or did not resonate' reply, tag admin in the comments.
- Avoid giving your opinion or even intuition, stick to the cards and your view of them - show the process of how the cards presented led to the reply you have given.
Within the group, any #groupexercise will be for a fictional person or aimed at the self and approached in the first person. In that case, no intuition is needed. Just a knowledge of the tarot cards.
If you wish to ask another member why they have answered as they have, from a purely curious perspective, ask them so that you can learn more about their approach as well as yours.
If you would like help with your reply, tag me using the @ button or add a question mark at the end.
Group exercises based on intuition will be based on a real person, a real object, or something similar to tune into.
If you wish to learn more about how to use tarot as a psychic development tool in your own time, please refer to my book Understanding Tarot.
If you do not have any luck with any of the exercises, relax. Not everyone will be able to, which can be for many reasons, such as not being relaxed enough, which allows the mind, expectations, and ego to have their say; not being developed enough; and the exercise not being what links into your own vibration. Do not take it as a failure.
When you approach a standard tarot group exericise, you need your tarot knowledge. With an intuitive exercise, you need to be relaxed, open, and quiet. You can use the meditation below if it helps, or any method you choose. When you first see an intuitive exercise, jot down on paper, unless you have a brilliant memory, what your first impressions are, and then, as they may be from the ego, put them to one side. Take the time to relax, tune into the exercise, and see what comes. Do not worry about success or failure, getting it right or wrong; just let it flow.
You may get images, sounds, feelings, impressions, colours, or memories. They may be directly or indirectly linked to the exercise, an aspect of it, or even an expression of it. Take it all down.
For example, if there is a pink rose in the object that you are asked to tune into, you may smell a rose, see a rose, be taken back to a memory of roses, or even flowers. If you see an image, get closer to it and see what colours it is; if you see a shape, study it—what is it like, what colour is it—even if it's abstract. Do not just accept what you see, hear, feel, or know and move in—not to interfere but to view it. With the pink rose, you may see an image very different, but with a predominant colour of pink. You may have thorns come to you, or leaves, or stems, or a vase, or a mixture of things that your mind associates with pink roses, or with roses themselves.
If you wish to use this meditation, follow these steps:
* Close your eyes once again, relax your body, and drop your shoulders. Just rest here with your breath for a while.
* Go to the white energy that hovers just above your head. This ball of light begins to expand above you, shining more and more brightly. This spiritual energy opens you to your spiritual self and your psychic growth, raises your spiritual vibration, and clears blocks that hold you back from your spiritual link. Let this white light above you take shape in your mind's eye.
You are opening up your energies to this wonderful spiritual force, which is you opening, or being consciously aware of, your own subconscious mind, and from there to your guides, or your own spiritual self. I want you to imagine either your crown chakra or a window just above and on top of your head in your mind's eye for a while.
* And as you think about this, imagine your crown chakra placed on the top of your head, like a window, opening more fully than before. The flow of white energy enters, allowing bright white light to shine in. Maybe you feel a slight tingling or a warm, comforting glow as energy flows into you. Focus on the energy flowing into you and rest here for a while. Be aware of what you feel as you open up to spirit, your own mind, or your own higher self, but do not dwell on which. Don’t be surprised if you feel a sensation around your head—an ache, a tingling, or even a feeling like an elastic band around your head.
* State to yourself, "I am open and grounded." This simply places you in a more focused and receptive frame of mind.
Go to the exercise.
Study it; close your eyes, opening them again if you need to. Relax more and be open to what comes. You can even ask, "What is this?" or other words related to the exercise. Write down what comes. Do not judge what comes, and do not try to force or coerce what comes. Don't worry about getting it right or getting it wrong. Just let it flow.
* Quietly come back when you're ready. You can say "thank you" if you wish. You can say to yourself, "I'm closing down now." Know that you are safe. All these things allow your mind, in time, to switch between the hat you're wearing.
Testimonials: Clients kind Words
Absolutely love Pam!
I have been going to her every time for advice and guidance for the past 3 years and she is always right! I am grateful that I have found her and can email her for tarrot readings every time I need guidance!
Thank you so very much Pam Pam thank you so much for the reading. This is my second reading from her. Her delivery is very gentle, caring and most importantly honest. She is a real intuitive. She knew how I felt about my situation on a deep intuitive level. She gave great advice. I’m definitely coming back for a reading.
Pam is absolutely amazing. Today I received the most precise reading I’ve ever had. The way she described my situation was extremely accurate. Her approach was exactly what I needed, almost like she knew me and understood my communication style. Thank you for sharing your gift! Can’t wait for my next reading!
I returned to Pam for a reading this week after an amazingly accurate reading from her last year. She’s given me the insight that I simply couldn’t see on my own.I feel much calmer and much more grounded about this issue now.Pam thank you for your compassion and clarity and for sharing your gift!